Equal among the best
The independent news agency "Interfax" has published a national ranking of universities in 2020.
According to the data obtained, Omsk State Transport University ranks 150th (out of 337 universities in Russia). Among the nine railway universities in the country, OSTU is in fourth place, behind Russian University of Transport (MIIT), Emperor Alexander I St. Petersburg State Transport University (PGUPS) and Rostov State Transport University (RSTU).
The rating is based on the following indicators:
- Technological (innovative) entrepreneurship at the University: media activity of the University, visibility of public materials in the areas of innovation, technological entrepreneurship in 2019;
- University patent portfolio: number of patents (national and international) held by the University at the end of 2019;
- Cooperation of the University with high-tech companies, tests conducted by the University: participation of the University in the development of technological platforms, in programs of innovative development of high-tech companies, the number of agreements with high-tech companies, the number of clinical, preclinical and InSilico tests conducted by the University;
- Innovative infrastructure of the University, University enterprises, social entrepreneurship: the share of research and teaching staff of the University, employment in the activities of innovative infrastructure objects, the share of students at the University engaged in the activities of innovative infrastructure objects, from the total number of students;
- Research and development work of the University: the share of R&D without attracting budget funds from the University budget in 2019, normalized by the number of scientific and pedagogical employees;
- The basic departments of the University: the share of scientific and pedagogical workers (including foreign workers) employed at the basic departments; the share of the total number of the scientific and pedagogical personnel, the share of students employed at the basic departments, from the total number of students on these educational programs; the number of basic departments, organized by the University.
News site "Obrazovanie" (academia.interfax.ru) — a project of the Interfax news Agency, dedicated to the development of Russian education and science.
The main purpose of the site is to cover current and significant events in the field of higher education and science, including issues of industry reform, discussion of legislative initiatives, development of industry cooperation, as well as informing the academic community about the scientific achievements of universities.
The site publishes expert comments, interviews with rectors, well-known scientists, representatives of innovative business, and information about relevant and socially significant events in the field of education, science, technology and social entrepreneurship.
Special attention is paid to up-to-date reference information about scientific and educational organizations in Russia and their educational, research, social and entrepreneurial programs.
A separate section of the site is dedicated to academic ratings, which, in particular, gives visitors access to the National University rating (NRU)*, a well-known research project of the Interfax group.
Research project national University ranking (unirating.ru) has been implemented by the Interfax group since 2010. Its goal is to develop mechanisms and procedures for independent evaluation of Russian universities and their educational programs in the Russian Federation; to increase the competitiveness of the Russian education system, research and technological entrepreneurship; and to develop Federal and regional universities, which are considered as the framework of the country's new economy.