The Student Council is a structure created on the students’ initiative with the aim to participate in solving issues of university management and adopt OSTU regulations affecting the students’ rights and legitimate interests.
The Student Council comprises 12 people — representatives from among PhD students, students of each institute, a structural unit of secondary vocational education and a branch of the university.
The Student Council objectives are:
- involving students in the management of educational, scientific and innovative activities of the university;
- development of student self-organization activity on the basis of student self-government bodies created and operating at the university;
- student integration into professional communities, increasing their professional competencies, development of career paths and career guidance in labor markets;
- development of a sociocultural environment fostering creative self-expression and self-realization of students, preservation and revival of moral, cultural, scientific values and traditions, leisure activities arrangement;
- informing students about the activities performed by the University and the Student Council.
The main focus areas of the Student Council.
There are the following main focus areas in the activities of the Student Council based on its goals and objectives:
- joint work with teaching and educational commissions (EC) is responsible for functioning of this student self-government body at the institutes; the activities of EC are aimed at improving the quality of teaching and educational work with the students, preparing them for professional activities and developing culture of mental labour among OSTU students;
- formation of the student scientific community: focusing students on the scientific activity in the framework of this community, teaching them to self-solve scientific and creative problems independently, training skills of working in research teams, creating conditions for the full and comprehensive student education and realizing their scientific and creative potential;
- legal support.