Assistant Professor at the department of Public Relations, Service and Tourism
Candidate of Philosophical Sciences, Associate Professor
In 2002 a new department was founded at the Institute of Management and Economics consisting of L. Bagrintseva, A.A. Bezgubenko (head of the department), S.A. Vetrov, L.A. Mutovkin, A.E. Roslyakov. The same year, OSTU started a new and unique program for a transport university - “Public Relations”. Since 2004 the department has been chaired by Sergei Alexandrovich Vetrov.
On June 29, 2012, by the decision of the OSTU Academic Council, the department was renamed and received the name "Public Relations, Service and Tourism" due to the fact that the number of educational programs trained by the department had increased.
64.3% of full-time employees have a Candidate of Science degree while 28.6% have a Doctor of Science degree.
From the total number of the teaching staff
66.0% of employees have a scientific degree;
20.0% of employees have a doctoral degree.
For the period from 2012 to 2017 proportion of the department staff with scientific degrees increased from 58% to 64.3%. The proportion of faculty members with a doctorate has increased from 16.7% to 28.6%. Three candidates of sciences were awarded the academic title of Associate Professor.
The length of scientific and pedagogical employment of the full-time teaching staff of the department ranges from 7 to 50 years. The average employment length is 16 years.
The average age of teaching staff has decreased from 45 down to 42.7 years.
A great contribution to the formation and development of the department was made by previously working teachers:
- Lyubov Georgievna Bagrintseva — Senior Lecturer (retired in 2015).
- Nikolai Alekseevich Zusik, a 2007 graduate, formerly a host of VESTI-Omsk, editor-in-chief of the State Television and Radio Broadcasting Company «Irtysh — Channel 12» television and radio broadcasting company, and since 2014, an employee of the All-Russian State Television and Radio Broadcasting Company (Moscow), host of the VESTI-Moscow program.
- Elena Ilinichna Morenis — Deputy General Director of Omsk State Television and Radio Broadcasting Company.
- Leonid Aleksandrovich Mutovkin — associate professor, television and radio journalist (Retired in 2013).
- Anna Igorevna Kokorina — correspondent of Omsk State Television and Radio Broadcasting Company (channel 12), graduate student.
- Anna Viktorovna Sasim — Ph.D., associate professor, organizer of the student festival of social advertising "Express".
- Irina Viktorovna Sharkova — candidate of philosophical sciences, associate professor, curator of student research work under the "Public Relations" educational program.
- Nadezhda Viktorovna Shulga — candidate of philosophical sciences, associate professor.
Since the foundation of the department, employees have been conducting a lot of scientific, educational, methodological and organizational work, the results of which are published in numerous periodicals:
- Reports on the implementation of the state budget research №GR 01.20.03 04104:
- “The problems of forming the image of Russian railways by the media in context of industry reform” (until 2013).
- “Public relations and their role in the management strategy of organizations” (2013).
- “Problems of ethical correctness of social advertising in modern Russian socio-cultural space” (2014).
- Press tour as a tool of public relations (interim, 2015).
- Modern psychotechnologies in media (intermediate, Registration number of ICRS: AAAA-B17-217012770048-5, 2017).
- Candidate and doctoral dissertations (abstracts).
- Zhbikovskaya O.A. Rationing in culture: gender and national aspect. 2011
- Kulinich E.N., Roslyakov A.E., Vetrov S.A. Designing professional perspectives of young specialists for railway transport. 2009
- Lotkin I.V. The Baltic diasporas in Siberia (1920–1930s): aspects of ethnosocial history. 2006
- Lukash A.V. Social and labor relations in the cultural discourse. 2013, Martseva L.M. The Soviet model of universal labor: theoretical sources and historical experience. 2008
- Martseva L.M. The Soviet model of universal labor: theoretical sources and historical experience. 2008
- Martseva L.M. The essence and existence of labor: selected articles. 2013
- Roslyakov A.E Professional career management: Collective monograph. 2007
- Roslyakov A.E., Kulinich E.N., Evdokimov I.B. Current issues of increasing managerial competence. 2009
- Articles and abstracts.
The department publishes collections of scientific papers based on the results of conferences organized:
- From 2005 to 2008, an Internet conference "Analysis of the humanitarian problems of modern Russian society" was held annually.
- From 2009 to 2011 – the conference "Socio-economic communications in modern Russian society."
- In honor of the 10th anniversary of the department foundation in 2012, teachers and students prepared and published a collection of articles “Social Communications in Modern Russian Society”.
- In 2013, teachers and students prepared and published a collection of articles “Socio-communicative issues of our time”.
Several people at the department have prepared and defended candidate dissertations:
- Alexander Viktorovich Lukash (2009) on the topic of “Culturological Aspect of Social and Labor Relations”, specialty 24.00.01 – theory and history of culture; branch of science — philosophical sciences. Scientific adviser: Lidiya Mikhailovna Martseva.
- Denis Vyacheslavovich Konishevsky (2011) on the topic of “Manipulative influence on sociocultural processes”, specialty 24.00.01 — theory and history of culture; branch of science — philosophical sciences. Scientific adviser: Vetrov Sergey Alexandrovich.
- Vladislav Sergeevich Chizhma (2012) on the topic of “Mass media in the self-organization of sociocultural reality”, specialty 24.00.01 — theory and history of culture; branch of science — philosophical sciences. Scientific adviser: Martseva Lidiya Mikhailovna.
- Roman Nikolaevich Ivanov (2012) on the topic “Formation of Identity in a Mass Culture”, specialty 24.00.01 — theory and history of culture; branch of science — philosophical sciences. Scientific adviser: Vetrov Sergey Alexandrovich.
The department has been teaching the following educational programs till 2015:
|№||Educational program||Taught since||Accreditation dates|
|1||Public relations||2002||2007, 2011|
|2||Socio-cultural service and tourism||2004||2009, 2011|
Currently applicants are accepted and students are taught in three bachelor degree educational programs:
|№||Educational program||Taught since||Accreditation dates|
|1||Advertisement and public relations||2011||2011, 2018|
and one post-graduate educational program: 51.06.01Culturology, focus “Theory and history of culture”.
In accordance with the Federal State Educational Standard, the department organizes academic internship in three areas of education.
The department has developed programs for all kinds of internships for all areas of bachelor education and methodological instructions for students on passing the internships, compiling and defending a report on practice. Programs include a questionnaire to assess the student’s possession of competencies provided by the curriculum.
Students passing the internship are supervised by the practice advisers from the university and the practice mentors from the enterprise, according to the approved schedule.
The internships are conducted in organizations, which incorporate structural units that ensure that the type of internship is appropriate, depending on the type(s) of activity that the undergraduate program is oriented towards – and the ones defined by the department or selected by students (enterprises and organizations of various forms of ownership and sectors of the economy).
The internship is organized on the basis of short-term, long-term and open-term contracts.
An effective system of cooperation with employers has been established at the department to analyze feedback on the quality of training of graduates, and promote their employment.
Scientific advisers maintain individual communication with graduates and provide advice on issues of interest to them.
Topics of graduation theses are determined by orders of enterprises and promising areas for the employment of students.
Among the textbooks prepared and published by teachers of the department over the past five years:
- Press tour as a tool of public relations: a methodological guide for students / M.A. Zamotokhina, O.V. Polovnikova. - Omsk: IROOO, 2013
- Guidelines for seminars on the course "Advertising in the socio-cultural service and tourism" / A.V. Sasim. - Omsk: OSTU, 2013
- Guidelines for seminars on the course "Fundamentals of Marketing" / A.V. Sasim. - Omsk: OSTU, 2013
- Public relations: lecture notes / I.V. Sharkova. - Omsk: OSTU, 2013
- Tourist and recreational resources of the Omsk region: guidelines for seminars for students / V.N. Demeshko. - Omsk: IROOO, 2014
- Guidelines for tourist regional studies: the national character of the French / O.A. Zhbikovskaya - Omsk: OSTU, 2014
- Sociology: seminar plans and guidelines / S.A. Vetrov, D.V. Konishevsky. - Omsk: BOUDPO IROOO, 2013
- Political science: seminar plans and guidelines / S.A. Vetrov, D.V. Konishevsky; - Omsk: BOUDPO IROOO, 2013
One of the important active forms of education is the participation of students in regional and All-Russian student profile Olympiads, forums, conferences, projects. Every year, students who are studying the department’s educational programs and specialties are also participating in and winning at prestigious competition projects.
The department has an annual approved educational plan with an analysis of its implementation. Department meetings discuss educational work issues. The department plan is prepared taking into account the educational plans of IMEC, OSTU. The issues of attendance and students’ academic performance are systematically discussed at the department meetings. This allows us to develop measures to improve the quality of the educational process.
The first and second year student groups are assigned curators from the teaching staff of the department.
The work of student group curators includes keeping in touch with students’ parents, holding regular “curator hours” and talks.
For the purpose of moral and aesthetic education, the department teachers systematically organize visits to Omsk cultural and leisure objects, as well as events. Those include: thematic exhibitions and meetings with Omsk artists of different styles and directions, book presentations by Omsk writers, poets; viewing performances at the Omsk Academic Drama Theater, at the Musical Theater and at the Lyceum Theater. These visits also play a career-oriented role for students, who follow the department’s educational programs.
Student group curators organize excursions for students to OSTU museum, sightseeing tours of OSTU railway equipment training grounds, the museum of Omsk railway workers, and organizations in the field of tourism and the media industry.
The Department of Public Relations, Service and Tourism, together with the scientific library of the university, initiated the creation of a student excursion bureau at the university. It stimulates students' interest in learning about Omsk historical and cultural heritage. It also gives students the opportunity to put the knowledge gained during their studies in high school into practice. During 2015–2017 the student excursion bureau developed a number of excursion programs and students from groups 54i, 55i and the Tourism educational program conducted those excursions for the visiting delegations at OSTU during this time. Head of the scientific library department, A.Mironova directs the work of excursion bureau.
The «Киносреды» («Cinema Wednesdays») club was founded on April 24th, 2014 at the department of Public Relations, Service and Tourism.
Since 2009, students in the areas of training Journalism, Advertising and Public Relations have been participating in study tours to railway transport enterprises organized by the OSTU administration and Omsk regional department of West-Siberian Railways, a branch of JSC Russian Railways.
During the classes the teachers use active, creative, interactive, group forms and project forms of work to ensure that students develop teamwork skills, interpersonal communication, decision making, leadership qualities in conducting training sessions using advanced domestic and foreign experience and research results. Among these forms, the festival of commercials “Express” (2007-2012), the talent festival “Show yourself!” (since 2015), participation in the annual tourism industry exhibition in Omsk, participation in press conferences organized by the media of Omsk, organization of student participation in master classes of the all-Russian competition of television programs "TEFI", and many others have proven themselves well.